quadracer316

May 22, 2014
Quad Cities, IL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a TF-100 test kit on order, my cheap test kit keeps coming back as high ph. I keep addding granular sodium bisulfate i think it is to lower but dont see a change. How soon can i test after adding? I have added two doses by mixing it in good in a pail of water.

Best thing for lowering pH is Muriatic acid 31.25% (20* baume`).

Are you using test strips? they go bad rather quickly, and may be giving you false readings.

If you are using a color match (phenol red) kit, if your pH is higher than the kit will read, it will show as the highest color until you have it with the range of the kit.

Check out PoolMath link above, and put your pool info there. It will tell you how much of your chemical to add to bring it down.

How much acid you need to use depends on your TA and borate levels, neither of which you have posted. Once you have entered those into Pool Math set current PH to 8.3 and target PH of 7.5 and try the amount it calculates for that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.