I knew this was going to be bad...

Jun 10, 2014
glenville NY
I made an earlier post about how I thought my pool builder was incompetent. Well guess what, I was right. He had a crew of people over to pour the pool floor and bond beam the other day. I was left with a mess. There are trowel marks everywhere, two separate concrete pours meeting on the ramp to the deep end and gaps where the steel meets the concrete. I'll post some pics. I was told the gaps would be filled. I don't see how it would be possible to fix the wavy floor without using a resurfacer. The floor was poured at 1.5 inches thick. Is there a way to fix this short of repouring? any suggestions? This project has been an absolute disaster since day 1. I haven't been able to sleep thinking about how bad this pool is coming out.
When the pool was dug they hit ground water at about 7.5'. They dug deeper and put a little gravel in the hole with a sump pump. It would take about 24 hours to fill the hole with water without the pump on. They installed a line with a check valve when the pump was pulled and before the pool floor was poured. The line was hooked up to a pool pump. About 2 hours after the pour I noticed water coming up through the main drains. The pump was not pumping out the water. I called him and he told me to reprime the pump. I did and water started to flow out of the suction pipe for about 20 seconds before stopping again. I reprimed and the same thing happened. He said he was going to cut the line because it wasn't working. Now I have about 16" of water in the deep end with no way to suck it out. Doesn’t make sense to me. Is there a different pump that can be used to suck out the water under the pool floor? I am going to have a nervous breakdown any minute.

It is not unusual to hit ground water with an in ground pool. This is not your pool builder's fault. He will find a way to get the ground water out. Why are you making this your problem? I think you need to let the pool builder handle this and stop stressing yourself out.

Pool1_zpsebd6a41d.jpg

pool3_zps58796203.jpg

pool2_zps855badde.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what he poured the bottom and walls at. It's a vinyl liner pool not gunite

Ok trying again... Use the IMG instead of the URL. My old eyes can't see those small pics from photobucket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.