Total Alkalinity levels

Jul 4, 2014
Lakeland, TN
I am new to this forum and have been doing a lot of research here about water analysis. I have an inground, vinyl pool with a SWG. I can't ever seem to keep my PH within normal ranges and have read on this forum to try and lower my TA. I do also have a fountain, so I am aerating about 10 hours a day. The last water analysis showed that my PH was FINALLY within range, but now I am worried that my TA might be too low. Here is my last analysis:

Calcium Hardness - 255
Alkalinity - 42
Cyanuric Acid - 66
PH - 7.5

HELP!!!!! Is this ok? I don't want it to get to low that I damage any of my equipment, but this is also one of the first times that I have EVER gotten my PH to that number! I appreciate any help and comments that I can get!!

Welcome to TFP!

The key to understanding and maintaining the chemistry is a good test kit. I get the feeling that what you posted were the results of pool store testing which is typically pretty bad. I would suggest you invest in one of the recommended test kits.

Generally the TA is not that important. The key is to keep the pHh in range and usually requires near daily testing and adjusting. Although yours is a little low and that should actually slow the rise ... I if you believe the test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.