Athens, GA - USA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Any tips on preparing a pool for a few days of no maintenance? I don't have a timer yet and I don't want it to run the whole time I am gone. It will only be off for three days. Can I just clean it really good before I leave and boost the FC to SLAM levels?

Honestly, my concern is what if a hose bursts or comes loose and I burn out the pump? Not sure how likely this is. Just don't like the idea of running it that long with someone checking on it.

I was out of town for 5 days with the pump shut off and the pool uncovered. I raised my pool to mustard shock level, let it circulate for an hour and then turned everything off. It was after 7 pm when we got home and unloaded the car, so I didn't test until the next day. I still had .5 FC in the water. Bumped FC to normal target level and all is good. I just need to get in there and vacuum.image.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.