IntelliFlo VS-3050 Variable Speed Pump questions

lmaz

Jul 23, 2008
Hi i have a pool in south florida a 23,000 gallon pool. It has a great white pool cleaner. The pump i have now is a 1.5hp waterace asp15. Just had fpl out to check my electric they claim the pump is using about 75.00 a month my monthly bill is about 500-600 a month outch the hurts. I am trying to save money on these bills. Will this pump really save me the money to work under these conditions. By the way my pump runs about 7-8 hours a day. Any info would be great guys. Local stores have no idea what they are talking about. I'm hoping to hear from someone that says it really does lower your bills and not just sounds good on paper. Thanks guys.

Mike

The IntelliFlow VF has saved me about 50% in the electricity cost of the pump going from around $1400 to $700 a year just for my pumps. My cost savings came from the following in order of savings:

1) Having the pump run at much lower speed when the solar was not in use. This went from my old 1-HP pump at 1800 Watts at around 65 GPM to the new one at 26 GPM at 275 Watts.

2) Having the pump run at somewhat lower speed when the solar was in use. This went from my old 1-HP pump at 1800 Watts at around 52 GPM to the new one at 48 GPM at 1500 Watts.

3) Eliminating the booster pump for the pressure-side pool cleaner and using the IntelliFlo with a valve to the dedicated line. This went from my old 3/4-HP booster pump at 1400 Watts to the new one at 15 GPM at 540 Watts. This required a change from the Letro Legend to The Pool Cleaner to work at lower pressure.

If I didn't have a solar system, then I'd save even more since I could run the pump longer at slower speeds to save a lot of energy. Obviously, the size of your pool matters since you generally need about one turnover per day. My pool is 16,000 gallons. Marginal electricity cost is around 32 cents per kilowatt-hour.

Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.