Need advice on new pool coping problem.

Apr 25, 2013
First of all, awesome site! Received my TF kit and looking forward to running my pool the correct way from the start.

Heres the problem: The coping that meets the steps on one side isnt flush, Its about 2" behind. The coping the other side is flush though. This leaves a gap between the wall and liner where you can push it in by 2". They are telling me it is becuase of the radius but I know they are trying to get out of the extra work. To do this correctly the would need to remove two sections of concrete, replace with correct coping, and replace the cement. Since it will be a different color they would need to stain/dye the entire pad so that it matches (some of the concrete is chipped on the edges anyway so I believe we would need a skim coat anyway.) Heres some pictures of the defect side and one of the correct side.

What do you guys think?

IMG_20140703_182602_493_zpssku6o1sy.jpg

IMG_20140703_182608_251_zpshoejvat5.jpg

Heres the correct side:
IMG_20140703_182621_813_zps64vnnscq.jpg

Is this a brand new pool? If you have not paid the final payment, I would hold onto that money. If you have, then I would do anything you can to have them come out and fix this. Personally, it looks terrible and they should be embarrassed to stand behind that kind of work. Let us know how this works out for you! I hope they fix it!

Yes, brand new. I still owe them about $3200 so thats the only bright side I guess. Thats not the only problem either. You can see that the concrete is all over the coping and that it's chipped in spots on the edges. The used a subcontractor but waited until I said something to contact them about it. If I were running the pool company I would have inspected their work and went after them. But what do I know?

And the funny part is I went with them for 3 reasons. 1. They were on the lower side of the price spectrum. 2. I was getting retaining wall work done and that company has dealt with them and had nothing but nice things to say about them. 3. His sales pitch included "We may not do 100 pools a year but the ones we do get are high quality"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.