Need help with DPD chlorine test

JeffG

Jun 1, 2014
Katy TX
I am using the TH-100 test kit and trying to follow the instructions on The Extended Test Kit Direction Post for the DPD test. I have the following questions:

I seem to have no test cell with a 9ml mark. Am I missing something? Do I just use one of the cells and guess by getting close to the 10ml mark?

What is the test cell marked "Chlorine Only" used for?

The only color chart I can find in the kit is on rectangular cell included with the Basic Kit. Is this the proper chart to use?

I suspect that you have the TF100 test kit, which includes the FAS-DPD chlorine test. This test is unrelated to the DPD chlorine test and does not ever make us of a 9 ml vial.

If you tell use the reagent numbers your test uses we can double check to make sure I am correct.

In any case, use the instructions that came with your test kit to start with.

The chlorine test builds up a white film on the cylinder which can interfere with reading some of the other tests. The film can be cleaned off, but it is simpler to use a separate vial for the chlorine test, which isn't affected very much by the film.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.