Getting Quotes...should I run away if they push this product?....

Jul 3, 2014
Boone, NC
Hello all. I've been lurking on these forums for a few days and I've contacted a few different pool dealers. Two have come on-site to evaluate my property, discuss pool styles, etc and write up an estimate. Initially, I really wanted a fiberglass pool, but with the quotes I've gotten, I'm starting to lean more toward vinyl. HOWEVER, there is this one big issue. My favored contractor thus far is REALLY pushing the EcoSmarte system and I know that I DEFINITELY don't want it after reading several of the threads here. When I told him that I still wanted salt he huffed about it and said that he felt I would regret it down the road. He has the best portfolio of completed work for my area, but should I run from him due to his insistence that EcoSmarte was the better option?

My area is very rural, we have only two pool builders here and they only work with vinyl. I would have to get a builder from Charlotte to get fiberglass which is 2 hours away. I've still gotten quotes from some of the Charlotte fiberglass dealers, but I feel like they really can't give me a solid number without personally standing on my site. (They've been looking at Google Earth shots of my lot.)

What would you do in this situation? Go with a dealer who isn't happy with your decisions? Work with a contractor far away? Tough decisions.

I am with poolnoob on this, the problem with many pool builders is they never see the problems down the road because they are not there, the applies to all aspects of a pool build from plumbing and equipment layout / replacement to pool chemistry and and traffic flow.

I can tell you I wouldn't buy something I know I didn't want. If PB doesn't like it, then you should go elsewhere. Put your foot down and be firm and consistent and see if he moves away from it. If he doesn't, then you move away from him and go elsewhere.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.