JCo from Dallas - new to the forum

JCo

Jun 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Greetings to everyone on TFP. :wave: My name is Jennifer and my husband and I are ready to have a pool installed in our backyard. We are in the researching-options phase and I've made contact with a few builders (inground gunite and inground fiberglass). I would love to hear some success (or horror) stories from any north Texas pool owners. Which builder did you use and are you happy with their work during AND AFTER the initial build? Did you do gunite/concrete or fiberglass? Any companies in north TX that we should absolutely stay away from?

My parents put a pool in (inground gunite/plaster) when I was a teen, so I am familiar with the building process and maintenance of a pool, but I must admit that the fiberglass pools really have me curious. Are they really easier to keep clean? Less chemicals? Etc., etc. Are tanning ledges and other "extras" really worth it, or does the novelty wear off after some time?

The TFP forum looks huge and almost overwhelming, there is a TON to read! Are there any threads that I should immediately and absolutely read before we start making some big decisions? :confused:

Thanks.

I would also look at the Construction forum as you will see so many builds taking place in Texas too. You may even find builders in your area from reading some of the threads past and present.

If someone sends Romo's Plastering your way, will you have them call me so they can fix the stuff they messed up? They won't return my calls. And no, I'm not kidding!

I think you will find most people are reluctant to recommend anyone. My case in point, Romo's was very highly recommended by the top pool builders in the city, and buy the company who manufactures the product we surfaced my pool with. Now they've all but disappeared and I'm left with no warranty. This seems to be pretty common around here, pool companies are like roofing companies after a Texas hailstorm.