Solar heaters for Intex AGPs

rj2222

Jun 11, 2012
Michigan
Good afternoon everybody. Most days this summer so far just haven't been hot enough to go in the pool, the water is still a little colder than we'd like even with the solar cover being on the pool 24/7. Was looking online for solar powered water heaters, there seem to be quite a few options that say they work with Intex pools.
I don't have an extra electrical outlet so it'd have to be solar, and I don't want to spend a ton of cash. Also, I see there are some models where you put a big solar tarp over a roof to absorb the sun, those wouldn't work either. So I think I'd be looking at one of the ones that just sit next to your filter and are somewhat small that the water just flows through on it's way back into the pool.
Anyone have any experience with those type solar heaters? or with those and Intex AGP's.

Solar heating is about square footage exposed to the sun. The large mats are the best option (they can be put on the ground). The smaller little dome like things are gimmicks which are not likely very effective at adding enough heat to be noticeable because they are so small. Read the fine print, they even say if you are not getting enough heat, you will need to buy more.

Thanks jblizzle. Yeah, I did notice how they said to add multiples for those little dome things, those were exactly the ones I was thinking of, just couldn't think of how to describe them. I couldn't imagine them working well since they're so small, but wanted to ask because what do I know haha
That's a good idea about the mat ones, just laying them across the ground.

Many members just have them laying on a tarp on the ground. A slanted rack is better, but not required. I am sure you could find some threads with pictures if you search the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.