Vinegar Based Finishing Sauce for Pulled Pork

MikeInTN

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
May 27, 2007
Middle Tennessee
I can't claim credit for this recipe, as I found it on another forum that I'm a member of, but that sure doesn't stop me from sharing it with my fellow BBQ'ers! Those crazy North Carolinians will probably like it best since it's vinegar based, but if you have any tolerance for vinegar at all, give it a try! The DW and I love it on our pulled pork!

2 cups cider vinegar
4 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning
2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper (crushed or ground)

Mix all of the ingredients together in a saucepan, gently warming on the stove to help the sugar dissolve. remove from heat, let it cool, and you're ready to go. Although it's supposedly a finishing sauce to be used on the whole pan of pulled pork, the DW and I use it individually, as some of the folks we share our bounty with don't really like vinegar. The recipe above is actually a double batch, but since the smallest bottle of cider vinegar you can buy is 1 pint (2 cups), I make it in double batches to use up all the vinegar, and plus I use the empty vinegar bottle to store it in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.