WELL WATER IN USE. Chlorine products turned my spa water brown Alternatives???

Jul 1, 2014
Boston, MA
OK, Thanks in advance for any help and or suggestions
Newbie to Pools - 12' Round Metal Pool 3000+/- Gallons Sand Filter WaterWorks 1.5hp single phase Pump Boston, Ma

I used well water to fill my pool and I have hard minerals in the water so when I used chlorine products (as in my ThermoSpa hot tub) it turned my water yellow. I use Natures 2 minerals cartridge in the hot tub with booster and it stays really clear and clean

I am looking for alternatives to treat my pool water because I do not want the chlorine from the pool water getting into the hot tub. I have heard negative things about the Bacqua products - Red/black Algae YUCK.

Please suggest how I can keep my pool water crystal clear and sanitized without using chlorine. PLEASE
I am taking my pool water sample over to the pool store for analysis, but before I end up with a carriage full of chemical$$$$ I want to check with folks here.

Any suggestions?

Howie

There are only 3 options for sanitizing a pool: chlorine, bromine, and Baq.
Obviously Baq is frowned upon; bromine can not really be protected from the sun; chlorine is the best option.

The Nature 2 is NOT an approved sanitizer in pools. I would not be concerned about minor transfer of chlorine to your hot tub, it will not be a problem.

With metals in the water, sounds like you need to be using sequestrants in the pool. Have you read the metals article in Pool School: http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/137-metals-in-the-water-and-metal-stains

Please add your pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.