First test done...

My Taylor Kit arrived today. I followed the instructions and here are my results... My pool has been full for about 1 week. The pump has been running 24/7 for about 4 days. I have added CYA and bleach.
Results
.20 ppm FC
.05 ppm CC
7.2-7.4 PH
Alkalinity 100 ppm Calcium Carbonate
100 Calcium Hardness
Saturation Index between .5 and .6

It has rained quite a bit in the last few days since I started the pump, added the stabilizer in a sock and added the bleach.
Thanks All!

I don't think you did the math correctly for the FC and CC. Did you use 25ml or 10ml of water? You need to multiply by 0.2 for 25ml or 0.5 for 10ml.

What kit did you get?
So your TA is 100ppm and your CH is 100ppm .... What is your CYA? Or have your only just now added it to the water?

Hello all,
It has been 1 week since my first Taylor test. We have gotten more rain. First results 1 week ago were: 2 FC .5 CC 7.2-7.4 PH 100 TA 100 Cal. Hardness and No stabilizer registered. Today's results: 0 FC 0 CC PH 7.0-7.2 TA 100 Cal. Hardness 70 and still no Cyanuric Acid showing...Black Dot stayed black.

So as advised last time, PH is in the 7's so add nothing???? (My PH increase is called Utikem Alkaplus PH Plus Powder 100% Sodium Carbonate.)

I assume add Bleach- Pool Math says 71 oz.

CYA...Still shows nothing, sock is still hanging in pool by input line from pump. Do I just wait another week? Water is crystal clear. Thanks!!!!

Your pH is a little low. I would bring it up to 7.5.

But your biggest problem is 0 FC. If you stay there, you are going to have algae in no time. There's also no FC in there to sanitize the pool. Add chlorine to bring FC up to 4, and add enough stabilizer to bring CYA up to 25. Keep FC up, after a week measure CYA again and raise to between 30 and 40.

PoolMath at the top of the page will help you know how much to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.