New Wall-Whale Wall Brush

Jun 20, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Ok, call me a rube, a novice or just plain weird but I love the wall whale wall brush. For the past year I always used your basic wall brush for the pool. The way my pool is shaped there were always a few spots that I could not quit generate enough force on to feel like I was doing anything useful.

I just purchased a Wall Whale and I'm hooked. Not only does the flap generate a nice bit of perpendicular force on the down stroke but it also lets me get those hard to reach areas. It also generates a lot if swirl and agitation in the water which is good if you like doing your wall brushing after a chemical addition. Side bonus is the little guys think the brush is cool and weird so I can get a little bit of child labor working on pool up-keep :)

I paid ~ $25 for it at Ace which is super-pricey by standard wall brush prices. But heck, it works as advertised and saves my back a bit of stress.

Here's a pic -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love mine. All the nylon bristles were falling out of mine at the end of last year (can't remember how old it is). I just bought a mixed nylon/steel brush and unscrewed the tail and screwed it into my new brush ... you have to be sure you fine a similar looking brush so the screw holes line up.

Love mine. All the nylon bristles were falling out of mine at the end of last year (can't remember how old it is). I just bought a mixed nylon/steel brush and unscrewed the tail and screwed it into my new brush ... you have to be sure you fine a similar looking brush so the screw holes line up.

Question - I have a peb-tek pool, should I be using a brush with steel bristled?

I feel a little reticent to use steel bristles, seems like overkill to me. I feel like it would just rip the aggregate out.

Is it just a wear resistance issue with steel vs nylon or is there something more to it?

You can use a full steel brush on plaster over a year old, so should be fine on the pebble as well. Like I said, I did not feel I needed a full steel and went with the mixed for a little more scrubbing power ... not that I brush very often ;)

I bought the Wall Whale XL. It is a great brush and looks like it is a higher quality than all of the other brushes I've purchased, but my middle aged female body says I should have gotten the smaller brush.

I bought the Wall Whale XL. It is a great brush and looks like it is a higher quality than all of the other brushes I've purchased, but my middle aged female body says I should have gotten the smaller brush.

Then you need some teenage kids to do the heavy work :)

I made a deal with my neighbor's kids - they can use my pool as long as their parents give me verbal approval, I'm home to supervise AND they have to brush, skim and clean the skimmer basket when they're done. The quid pro quo helps keep my back from hurting ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.