Pump Sizing for Replacement

Mar 19, 2014
Oxford, MS
I currently have an extremely loud hayward max-flo ii. When I bought the house, the pool builder I found who inspected it all for me suggested replacing the entire pump, as he said he replaced the motor a couple of years ago yet it's still loud. It was a 1-hp model. How do I know what size pump to buy, I've been looking at this one: http://amzn.com/B000UXPFMU, the 1HP model. Stats should be in signature, if more info is needed let me know. I figure a single speed is 'Good Enough' for me, considering the price jump to a two-speed, I just don't see myself making up the difference with our cheap electric prices anytime soon. Is there a poolmath equivalent for pump sizing that I'm missing?

Pump sizing is usually pretty simple. Without a spa or water feature, you can pretty much get the smallest pump possible and it would be fine. The SuperFlo is a good choice.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.