Pump Leak

Hi all,

Great site ! glad to be a part of it.
My Hayward 1.5 hp super pump appears to have a leak coming from underneath the basket housing. (forgot exactly what that part of pump is called)
I recently changed the filter to a Hayward S344s sand filter, but not the pump. For the first 24 hrs of operation everything was fine , no leaks at all. Then looked the next morning and noticed the leak underneath the pump.

Could it be a pump shaft seal? What if anything can I do to fix?

Thanks Mike

Welcome to the forum. :wave: It does sound like a shaft seal to me but, more importantly, it sounds like you may have to disassemble again and get everything seated properly......I am sorry.....I know it's a PITA,

Welcome to the forum. :wave: It does sound like a shaft seal to me but, more importantly, it sounds like you may have to disassemble again and get everything seated properly......I am sorry.....I know it's a PITA,

Thanks for getting back. By disassemble do you mean the pump, to get all gaskets seated properly?
The set up has no connectors from pump to PVC so will have to unscrew pump from housing for access. It is a PITA in perticular during the heart of the swimming season here in RI, but will be better than spending the $ on a new pump.
How long do you think I have before damage to bearings or shaft will occur?

Thanks again,

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.