707 HP Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat

Awww yes Isaac-1, However youa re missing out on the warranty by only spending 10,000 on the supercharger.. With the car the supercharger is part of the warranty/drivetrain warranty
package

Mine is a 2010 model, daily driver with only a few thousand miles left to go on the extended warranty, I really should stop driving it so much, but it is just SO much more enjoyable than the F-250 or my wife's car.

The other official figure I'm interested in seeing is the published curb weight. It would be great if the new model is a bit lighter than the current model but, hopefully at least, it is not heavier.

Well, the figures are in and this 707 HP beast ran the 1/4 mile in an NHRA-certified 10.8 seconds @ 126 MPH. Yes, that was on street-legal drag radials. Bolt on the production tires and it still runs an impressive 11.2 sec @ 125 MPH.

Completely agree. Going as far as they did with this car, I would have made the 200 MPH top speed a requirement if I were in charge of development. Admittedly, it's more of a "marketing status stat". Since the car mags like to post articles such as "200 MPH street-legal cars", this car wouldn't make the list by 1 MPH. Get one more MPH and suddenly this car would be the least expensive available model to hit that milestone and would reap the associated marketing rewards.

All that said, this car is a screaming deal and is still one that I would consider.

Cool car. I found out that anything over 500hp is seriously traction limited though. I had a '12 Shelby GT500 and with a pulley/tune was around 610hp. I had no traction. I even had the wheels widened and ran 305 nitro drag radials, then it would at least hook up a bit. It still broke the tires loose at 80mph downshifting to 3rd gear and flooring it. Can't imagine another 100 hp on top of that.

My next hot rod will be all wheel drive... loved my '04 Subaru STI...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.