My 27' round sharkline venture install thread! AT LAST!!!!

starsfan33

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2014
Nevada, TX
Okay so today is the day! Finally after one failed craigslist pool install attempt because of broken pieces and missing parts, I just went ahead and purchased a new sharkline venture and it is sitting in the yard where it's been for almost a week and finally today is the day installers arrive and put this beauty together for me! You can see in the picture the remains of our failed craigslist pool install where we actually never got the ground level we just through sand on top of dirt and attempted to pool at the pool around it. Major fail on our part. But alas the new pool build begins! So excited! :)

In the picture you can also see 2 pilesof sand. The ugly pile is the sand that we used on the first pool yeah that's ugly sand! It was cushion sand and we were told that is what we we needed. The sand the pool installers had delivered it's very nice pretty and an amazing sand. Very fine, clean and soft sand! And yes that is my beloved Sharkline venture 27 foot round in boxes back there in the corner. :)

So the bobcat worker is supposed to be here between 9 AM and 11 to start the day. When he's done he will leave and in a few hours later the installers will show up to put the pool together. I'll add pictures as the day goes along.

Question: so I have my TF – 100 test kit but so far I have purchased no chemicals i.e. chlorine shock anything of the sort. Is there anything that you would recommend that I'm going to need to have on hand for certain that I can go and pick up prior to doing my first test? Or should I just wait until the pool is full I do a test and then go by what I need at

Question: so I have my TF – 100 test kit but so far I have purchased no chemicals i.e. chlorine shock anything of the sort. Is there anything that you would recommend that I'm going to need to have on hand for certain that I can go and pick up prior to doing my first test? Or should I just wait until the pool is full I do a test and then go by what I need at one time?
Test your tap water. If the pH is high and the TA is over 100, it's a pretty sure bet you'll need some acid quick. And it keeps well. If pH is low and TA is low, then go the other route and grab some borax and baking soda.

There won't be any CYA in the tap water, so don't bother testing it. You can hunt for the best price on stabilizer and bleach because you know you'll need some right away.

You will need CYA also known as stabilizer or conditioner, and a few jugs of plain, unscented bleach. The rest can wait until after you have tested the water. If you want you can run the TA and CH tests on your fill water to get an idea of what those levels will be in your pool.You can use PoolMath
to determine how much CYA you will need. When adding CYA start with 1/2 the recommended amount and re-test after a few days.

Thanks Richard! This seems a bit overwhelming right now! LOL

Now, you said TA? I assume that is Alkalinity test, correct? I see the solution in my test kit for that, but I see no instructions or color strips that I should compare it too. Am I missing something? (obviously I am! ;-) )

EDIT: NEVER MIND! I JUST SEEN THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS! :)

High TA, high pH. Once you get everything set up, you can work on bringing your TA down as shown in Pool School.

I want more pics!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
the bobcat worker still isn't here. im starting to worry. im going to give them about 15 more minutes and then start calling! I was told between 9am and 11...its 10:25am now.

edit: So I just called, they are running behind. Should be here within the hour (I hope!.

anxiously waiting! :)

I'm anxiously awaiting too!!! What liner did you get?

And an attempt to appease the masses demand for photos as I await the installers I am unpacking the pool to speed them up when they finally arrive! LOL so for your viewing pleasure may I present to you… The uprights!!!

Here is the liner I got. I'm less than thrilled with this liner. Originally it was the one I was looking. Then I changed my mind and I ordered a different one. The one I ordered they could not get printed and delivered in time and they have this one in stock so they made me a deal to take this one instead. And then I keep looking at your liner and I love it but it was not available on the 27' from pool supply world. In the end I got this one because it could get here in time for my installtoday. I don't hate the liner but I do prefer others more than this. This point it is what it is and I'm just happy to have my pool going up today. I hope. Where are those guys? LOL

Still no installers here. But here is some more unpacking pictures! :)

Bottom rails and stabilizer rails!

- - - Updated - - -

I think the installers missed the best time of day to install. Was nice and cool off there earlier is heating up quite a bit now! And here is my favorite thing so far! I really hope that this turns out to be a good and filter I originally was going with the Pentair and it was out of stock so I went with this combo from Hayward. It looks really nice. :)

Do you have turn off valves for both the places the plumbing comes out of the pool? Are you going to hard plumb it?

I just do not understand them saying "Let the water drain to below the skimmer to open filter". That is a large waste of time and water!

I also have valves for my waste and backwash (which you do not have but.....). I love valves LOL

When you can I would think about getting a back up filter cart. so you can just throw it in and get the pump running asap. You can than clean your filter completely because you will not be rushing.

Kim

There are times I really think they do not own clocks/watches/alarms! It is quite frustration but.............it is what it is and best to have a smile on your face and a ice cold drink for them when they do get there!

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.