Borates and a sparkling pool ...... This website rocks!

Jun 15, 2013
Corinth,TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
First I would like to thank those that post on this forum. I have learned soooo much from you all ..... so again thank you.
I came home from my usual commute from work (too much traffic) and looked out the backdoor to see our pool looking fantastic. It was so clear and sparkling. I was like is this really in my backyard? Over last weekend I added borates to the water. I thought it was clear before, but the borates have pushed it over the top.

The cleaner is at 8ft. Cell phone photo not quite as clear as in person.

Looks great! I may have to try the borates for giggles if nothing else. I'm happy with my water, but hey better is better right?

20 mule borax and muratic acid calculated amounts using pool math. Dosed half of the amount needed, tested and recalculated again. The additions were about a week apart mostly because of my work schedule.

I have 50 ppm or so. I am using the LaMotte test strips. I have a hard time telling the difference between 50 and 80 ppm.

I love my borated pool and, I've found that I use a little less chlorine than when I didn't use borates. I would have done it in my last pool but I had a dog swimming with me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.