Muriatic Acid Recommendations

I use Transchem brand. 31.45% full strength Muriatic Acid

Any brand is ok as long as its full strength. I didnt look up the KemTek product online to get more info. Im too lazy I guess to do it.

There are a lot of "green" products out these days, and generally, they do not work well.

Looking for anecdotal responses on the best solution to lower PH. KemTek product at Home Depot - both its liquid chlorine and muriatic acid - products are receiving horrible reviews.

Thank you!
I haven't had any trouble with KemTek, except they're purchased the rights to Clorox and raise prices. Yesterday I couldn't find KemTek muriatic acid at Lowe's, only Clorox. The new more expensive bottle even has the same "123 easy" steps stuff. It claims to be 31% and certainly fumes like it. I got a tiny whiff last night and it felt like I'd inhaled an entire pickle.

The acid from Leslies is actually a pretty good deal and full strength (31%)

I think KemTek used to sell the 31% at HD and Lowes, but in the last few years switched to the weaker stuff for the same price. :hammer:

Hmm, I've got a Leslie's 1 mile down the street and will give them a try this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up. I'm having a heck of a time getting my PH down.

The acid from Leslies is actually a pretty good deal and full strength (31%)

I think KemTek used to sell the 31% at HD and Lowes, but in the last few years switched to the weaker stuff for the same price. :hammer:

The Hasa link that Richard provided might be an even better deal ... especially for liquid chlorine too. This is listed in Chandler:
L. Grilz Pool Service & Supply, Inc.
992 West Ray Road, Chandler, AZ 85225 US

Buying in bulk is a far better deal than anything else you will find. There is only one location in Tucson and it is on the opposite side of town ... of course now I have a SWG, so don't need the bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I understand that buying liquid chlorine in bulk is risky because its concentration dissipates in storage. Is this a similar risk with acid?

Buying in bulk is a far better deal than anything else you will find. There is only one location in Tucson and it is on the opposite side of town ... of course now I have a SWG, so don't need the bleach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.