Needing help "Boxing" around skimmer / Pump and Filter

Aug 4, 2013
Hello!

I have a 16 x 32 Doughboy Sunk in pool. It sits about 3 feet or so in the ground on most of the areas and goes 7 1/2 feet deep in the middle (sports type pool). Anyways, we decided to deck around the entire pool, leave a 3 inch gap under the top rails for pool cover access and ease of replacing the liner down the road. We are now to the point where I need to deck around the skimmer and pool pump / filter.

The skimmer I am thinking about creating a box around the skimmer with an access hatch on top. The filter / pump I am going to deck around with a box of some sort (possibly making a table top over the box for drinks / seats as it is perfect height for that.) that will allow easy removal and access to the pump.

I attached some pics of the skimmer / pool pump etc. Showing the deck height with the deck boards. Any help and guidance would be great. I have never done a deck build before and am surprised I was able to get as far as I did with no blood loss and the deck being level!!!!

Attachments

• skimmer.jpg
    skimmer.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 144
  • skimmer2.jpg
    skimmer2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 134
  • skimmer3.jpg
    skimmer3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 135
  • skimmer4.jpg
    skimmer4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 134
  • pump_filter.jpg
    pump_filter.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 136
So sorry, I forgot about pictures. I hit 65 and the mind went!! My husband isn't a carpenter, but it worked for us.
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.