Polaris Question

AzWildcat

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
Texas
Have just successfully won a battle against black algae and am very proud and gratefully to report that I am now 100% on the BBB method of pool maintenance. Just this AM, after 3 days, got my TA to 100 using Waterbears method of lowering pH to 7.0-6.8 and then aerating. Worked great. Everything else in line and pool has never looked better.

Novice question -

What are the "guidelines", if any, for running my Polaris ? When to run it - when not to run it, etc ?

I have split my pump run times to 5 hours during the day and 4 hours at night.

I know it picks up "stuff" off the bottom but thought I'd read where it really doesn't add much "value" to the filter pump as a "swizel stick" to a clean pool.

Also, from a knowledge perspective, am assuming that CO2 gas venting through aeration decreases (on a % and\or volume basis) as pH rises and that is what leads to pH stabilization. Is that correct ?

I run my Polaris 280 2hrs a day during the swim season and winter(we don't "close" our pool in SC) and 4hrs in the spring and fall when we have the most debris in the pool. My Polaris picks up everything including all of the sand my dog tracks in. Also I think it does a good job of stirring things up so the filter can catch them. Currently tied with my Intellichlor IC40 SWCG for the best money I've spent on my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.