inground pool liner

Jul 23, 2008
Hi,
I have and inground pool that is 16 years old. It has the original liner and it is faded and Very wrinkled. A company told me that the previous owner must have not kept the PH correct. Should I have it replaced? It cost about $3,200 to replace it. How long will a new liner last? Thanks for your help!

Hi mnvanci, and welcome! You've come to the right place for great pool advice!

I am not one of "the experts" but I can make a few comments that might be helpful. If the liner is still functioning properly (holding water, no holes) you probably needn't rush to replace it. It sounds to me like the problems are more cosmetic in nature.

Others may have different opinions. Pay attention to those who DO have experience with liner pools! My comments are based on what I've read here, not personal experience.

Re: the longevity of a liner, any sort of pool finish (liner, paint, plaster, pebblesheen, etc.) can be made to last far longer than spec with meticulous maintenance. Likewise, any pool finish can be destroyed in a matter of months by poor maintenance!

Good luck, and again, welcome! :-D

Mine is 26 years old. No wrinkles, but it is faded. The PB was here earlier this week and said that it looked really good. He advised me not to bother replacing it until it leaks or something else goes wrong.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.