DEL Ozone MCD-50 or other Ozone products

Like Jason said, there tends to be very little if any benefit to ozone systems in typical low bather load outdoor residential pools, although they do potentially have a place in high load, therapy, and some indoor pools and hot tubs.

I will 3rd Jason and Isaac, not worthwhile in most residential outdoor pools.

Just about any "chlorine alternative" is discouraged here. Most of them still require some chlorine, bromine, or baquacil to be used as they are not a true sanitizer. Some provide little to no benefit. Others, like copper-silver mineral systems, can offer some sanitizing but fall far short of chlorine's kill rates and have negative side effects.

I have been around the site long enough to know that if they do someday come out with an alternative that is cost effective and as efficient as chlorine (with numbers backed up with research and real science) that it will be added to the list of recommended sanitizers. Until then, and even after then, chlorine alone provides great sanitization at a low cost with minimal negative effects.

To follow up on my previous comment, contrary to much of the advertising hype ozonators will actually increase not decrease chlorine consumption in a well balanced typical outdoor residential pool. Chlorine consumption reduction only occurs in pools that we would consider out of balance due to high CC levels, etc. In the right situation, their strong point is their ability to help break down combined chlorine and provide supplimental oxidation in pools and tubs prone to build up of combined chlorine products, such as those with low levels of UV exposure, elevated temperatures, and high levels of bather waste products, and this is not the case with most outdoor residential pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.