I think I have a leak

edbson

Jun 25, 2007
I have an intex pool, so essentially the pool is the liner. I am not sure if I am losing water from a leak or evaporation, but it is dropping fast!
How much water loss is no longer considered evaporation? I live in Se Texas, and it is in the humid upper 90's here.
I am not noticing any water around the edges, we have had no rain to speak of, and it is bone dry. Help?

Pretty sure I have a leak then, but where would the water go? It isn't coming out under the sides or anything......hmmmm.
OH well, if it makes it till the end of the summer then I am happy.

The water could very well be leaking out the bottom of the pool and being absorbed into the ground beneath it.

To see if it's just evaporation do the bucket test. Take a bucket, fill it with water and set it near the pool. After a day if the pool water level has dropped more then the bucket level, you have a leak.

HTH,
Adam

did you check your fittings at the filter and at the side of the pool. My Intex needed to be tightened a couple times a summer because the water would leak out of the return or at the intake valve at the side of the pool. Sometimes it would run down the side of the pool and you would not even notice it for days...Especially if you were not looking for it. Check there

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.