How to clean

I have green algae around the jets in the pool. This surface is very rough and it will not brush out. How do you suggest I get it out. My thought was to get a spray bottle and fill with liquid chlorine and spray it directly on the areas. Any suggestions!! My pool has never been green and i can't figure out why the algae would just be there.

:testresults:
It sounds like you have more than one water chemistry issue.
Rough surface is probably calcium scaling - how have you been chlorinating your pool?
Algae is indicative of insufficient FC.

I'd recommend you get one of the recommended test kits, SLAM the pool and then due with the roughness.

Also, you have 2 other threads here and here, in future please post related questions in the same thread as it allows us to follow your 'story".

A picture may help. As someone suggested above, it may be a combination of calcium scale and algae imbedded within the scale.

My "guess" solution (without seeing pics or identifying it further) would be to lower the pool below the returns and then use a wire brush and acid to remove the scal and, subsequently, get rid of the algae that is embedded within.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.