SWG: Natural stone and concrete underwater

roger888

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2010
South of France
One side wall of my pool is formed of natural stone and concrete (see picture attached, taken while empty). I don't lose water, so it must be pretty well-sealed and watertight. I'm considering switching from liquid chlorine to SWG. Should I worry about corrosion? I'm not worried about the aesthetics of minor surface damage either above or below the waterline. But could I experience more serious damage and/or difficulties with maintaining water quality?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

IMG_0116.jpg

Welcome to TFP!

You won't have any problems with salt below the water line at typical SWG salt levels. However there might be salt damage above the water line, where evaporation can concentrate salt to problematic levels. How significant the damage might be varies with how resilient the stone is. Softer stone, typically sandstone and flagstone, is fairly likely to have damage, while harder stone is often fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.