Noisy Pump Replacement

Jul 15, 2012
NJ
Hi - I have a Jacuzzi Magnum Force pump that is about 15 years old. It has gotten much louder this year since opening, and from the research it seems that the bearings are going. I know I can go and try to replace the motor, but I'm nervous about the age and am leaning towards just getting a whole new assembly. The label has worm off, but the original installer suggested it was most likely 1.5HP. The piping is 1.5" from the pump to the filter.

The installer suggested two: Jandy Flopro 1.5 and also Hayward SuperPump 1.5 . I noticed that the Jandy is a 2" connector, would I still be able to use it?

Can anyone suggest any other models that I should consider?

Thanks.

You can use a 2" connection for 1.5" pipe, you would simply use a reducer. But do you have any high flow rate requirements (e.g. spa jets, waterfalls, etc)?

If not, I would look at the Hayward MaxFlo XL and the Pentair SuperFlo in a two speed version. You shouldn't need more than 1 HP in either version.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.