Water results

Jun 12, 2014
Shepherdsville Ky
I just had my pool installed on Friday filled it and added salt. Used liquid chlorine until I was able to turn on the swg. Tested the water and here are the results
Fc 1
Cc 0
Ta 80
Ph 7.2
Cya 55 this was as of yesterday it should still be rising

My question is how do I get the ph to rise with out effecting ta we have been in there for the last three days and I have been splashing like crazy along with my 4 year old and the ph is not really changing. I know that the ph needs to be between 7.5 and 7.8 for swg and the ta between 60 and 80 and according to pool math if I raise my ph .3 it is going to raise my ta 11 which would put me in the 90's. So my question is how do I do this?

I have it running at 40% from 9:30 am to 8:30pm so should I try 60% for the same time or let it run longer and what does my free chlorine need to be at? Also what are the best salinity test strips the ones from walmart are garbage or I am not good enough to use them I added 560 lbs of salt and they say my salinity is 800 lol.

I have it running at 40% from 9:30 am to 8:30pm so should I try 60% for the same time or let it run longer and what does my free chlorine need to be at? Also what are the best salinity test strips the ones from walmart are garbage or I am not good enough to use them I added 560 lbs of salt and they say my salinity is 800 lol.
http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/128-chlorine-cya-chart-slam-shock tells you what to target. Or poolmath. How to set that up with recommended levels and all is here.

Don't know about salt strips. I just pour bleach out of a jug.

With a SWG, as long as CYA is 70 or lower and FC never goes below 3, then you are alright. It is nice to have a little more margin in case something goes wrong, though not essential.

Your PH will go up on it's own, without raising TA, due to the aeration from the SWG. It will probably take a little while, but it will go up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.