Smaller Pool Size than what is in contract.

I have posted here over the past few months. I have had issues with extensive delays where the PB is now beyond the contract substantial completion date, is trying to get me to purchase additional dirt even though he too too much away from my property. I just measured the size of my pool. I contracted for a 750 SF pool and my pool size is at most 730 to at least 650. When we contracted with the PB we expressed our interest in lap swimming. The pool is free form with the absolute longest point as 40.5 feet and the absolute widest point at 18 ft. The average would be something like a 38.5 by 17 foot pool. Has anyone ever had this issue (above and beyond all the other **** I've had to deal with this guy)? If so, any advice? In an ideal world we would like our longer pool but this is not realistic.

Hi, I'm also mid-build of my first pool, so I really don't have any valuable experience or advice to offer. But back before I signed my contract, when I was calling builders in my area, I found an ex-builder I really liked (he's still in the business, but because of age and economy does pool maintenance only now). I figured he would be a good resource, and he agreed to be a consultant if I ever needed something "explained" in more detail. I don't know if that's a common service offered by maintenance companies - I specifically asked because I was worried about not speaking pool and not understanding the process, and wanted to have a resource if necessary.

Best of luck.

My contract has language stating that dimensions are approximate with "up to six inch tolerances either way." Outside of that if it would affect the normal use or enjoyment of the pool a formula was called out for financial recourse. Check your contract and see what it has to offer.

I've learned after the fact that a free-form pool is measured by the longest length and widest width. If one wants greatest surface area, then it is best to go with a standard geometric shape. Although the longest length is 40.6 feet, the average is about 37 feet. The widest width is 18 feet with some areas as small as 14 feet and the average about 16 feet. I would guesstimate that my actual total square footage to be in the range of 650 to 675 (not 750).

- - - Updated - - -

My contract has language stating that dimensions are approximate with "up to six inch tolerances either way." Outside of that if it would affect the normal use or enjoyment of the pool a formula was called out for financial recourse. Check your contract and see what it has to offer.

you were smart. I just went with the PB's contract.

Post some pictures. What stage is it's in ??

Take your contract to a lawyer with a a clear idea of what you want and see what can be down.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.