Aqualink RS 8 "clicking" noise in panel, pool light stays on, actuator not turning

May 19, 2012
Aqualink RS 8 "clicking" noise in panel, pool light stays on, actuator not turning

I have an Aqualink RS8 all button pool/spa system.
Last week the pool and spa lights came on when the system went into spa mode.
Neither the home controller or PCB showed that the pool light was on. Light went off when switched back into pool mode.

I could hear a series of "clicking" sounds when it switched over to pool mode.

Yesterday the pool light turned on and stayed on, regardless of mode (pool, spa, spa drain, spa fill)

I Reset the PCB panel, and the spa actuator turned to the opposite direction and now does not respond to the PCB. It does turn when using the actuator switch.

I replaced the actual pool light, pool light relay last year as well as the GFI. The pool light does go into the GFI.

The actuator did have a leak so maybe a short circuit to the PCB? The panel has full power and everything else works fine.
Thanks in advance.
Helen:wink:

Re: Aqualink RS 8 "clicking" noise in panel, pool light stays on, actuator not turn

So..over the past two days I've changed the GFCI-twice. Changed the pool light and filter pump relays. So no more clicking at the board. Disconnected the 4 button spa switch and ordered a new one. Checked the main feed electrical boxes for any signs of moisture and they are fine. Changed out the pool light circuit breaker and the circuit breaker for the pool house electrical. But..when I plug in the Aux4/pool light jumper into the Aqualink board, the breaker trips. Also, I had not put the front panel back on the power center as it is inside. When I opened the door this morning to turn off the power and screw the gfci into place,(thunderstorms rolled in yesterday and I abandoned ship) the gfci moved and tripped, but it tripped the entire PCB. Is this yet another bad gfci? I got them at the electrical supply. What about wiring the pool light into a gfci Circuit breaker? Is that legal by code? Does it provide the same protection if the pool light fails and electric shock? Thanks in advance. Pulling my hair out!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.