New to Forum

Jun 29, 2014
Charles Town
Hi all, just signed to the Forum to get helpful information and hopefully answers to questions that I have. I have on hand Taylor K-1004 test kit, but ordered the CYA kit and a new reader 2000 series to get me up to 10ppm for chlorine and pH. Operating Hayward XStream Power-Flow Matrix 1hp filtration system.
Opened 22' Intex pool May 10 and had water read by pool business... CYA-76, TA 122, FC/CC were low but was just opened. Water was trucked in to cap pool and was filled last yr using same service.
Current readings:
pH-7.3ppm
TA-70ppm
FC/CC-15 ?ppm (I did this which is not accurate by dilution of 1/5 ratio to get 3ppm
After reading on forum, I'm a bad girl and have been using dichlor pucks and shocking w/ 99% trichlor.
#1: I know CYA is real high by now, is it still safe to swim w/ FC @ 15ppm..My water is crystal clear and sparkling.
I need to get the shock up to 60 according to chart as I've been seeing mustard algae for the past 10 days... been vacuuming pool, cleaning walls and bottom, and cleaning cartridge filter regularly. I really don't want to have to drain pool/fill until end of season
Thanks
Beth

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.