Re: Another Poo thatl won't hold chlorine and water is cloudy

I have the same problem no chlorine. I'm am new to setting up pools. I tested my water an my readings are
th-100
fc-0
ph-8.0
ta-240
cya-30-50
Please help me get it corrected so my water will clear up. It's cloudy bad.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

What test kit are you using? I am going to go out on a limb and guess those are from a test strip. You need to invest in one of the Recommended Test Kits and then likely follow the ShockLevelAndMAINTAIN Process.

Please add your pool details to your signature as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Sorry I didn't get back with yall sooner I couldn't find how to get back to my thread. I'm using the HTH 6 way test stripes. I'm also using 3" tablets for chlorine. I just added a stabilizer to it and then added 6 bottles of bleach then shocked. All levels are the same but now no cya an my chlorine level is 5. Still cloudy.

rebelblonde, You need a better test kit that will allow you to properly SLAM the pool. Test Kit Comparison. We recommend the TF100 because you will get more reagents than the K2006 but both kits are exactly what you need. Like I said, the TF100 XL will get you through this season but you will ruin out of supplies and have to reorder with the K2006.

Please read:

ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry
Recommended Pool Chemicals
How to Chlorinate Your Pool
Chlorine CYA Chart
SLAMing Your Pool
PoolMath

Sorry I didn't get back with yall sooner I couldn't find how to get back to my thread. I'm using the HTH 6 way test stripes. I'm also using 3" tablets for chlorine. I just added a stabilizer to it and then added 6 bottles of bleach then shocked. All levels are the same but now no cya an my chlorine level is 5. Still cloudy.
We don't recommend using test strips and this reading is exactly why. Unless you replaced most of your water it is impossible for your CYA to drop like that in two weeks. Test strips are extremely unreliable both in product quality and human color matching error.

A TF-100 would really help you, as well as help us help you. With no real idea what your CYA is you cannot SLAM, and SLAM is exactly what you need to do to clear the pool. And before you think it (because we all do), taking a sample to a pool store and posting the results here is not the same as getting a proper test kit. Their results are worse than test strips! There is no substitute for your own testing.

Armed with a proper test kit and the readings from it you will be able to clear your pool once and for all. That isn't a question of if, but a question of when. We are here to help see to that! Welcome to TFP!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.