Liquid Chlorine Brands

Jun 19, 2014
I'll start with my CYA is 45....

I'm using a gallon of HTH liquid Chlorine a day (light bather load 4ppl).

Does this seem about normal consumption??? Trying to maintain 3-6 ppm

20x40 IG Vinyl 35k gal, Hayward 24" Sand filter, Built fall of 2013, Single Speed Jandy 1.5hp Pump, Southwest Part of MI

Liquid chlorine is Sodium Hypochlorite. Sodium Hypochlorite is Bleach! It is sold in various percentages and under various names.
I see HTH liquid chlorine is 10% and about $12.00 a gallon? I'm sure you can buy liquid chlorine (Bleach/Sodium Hypochlorite) for much less. I buy Austin's Pool Tech Shock from Ollie's. It is 12% liquid chlorine (Bleach/Sodium Hypochlorite)for $2.39 a gallon. WalMart sells 8.25% bleach (Sodium Hypochlorite) for a good price also. There are many places and avenues you can buy liquid chlorine. (Bleach/Sodium Hypochlorite)
Here is a copy of the link on bleach prices in our forum: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/71808-Bleach-Prices-2014

Good luck and stop paying so much!! :D

Remember to buy only unscented regular bleach for your pool. You don't want your pool to smell like your washer!

Not sure where you got your pricing for HTH, but we buy it at Wallmart for under 3$ a gallon :) Thanks

20x40 IG Vinyl 35k gal, Hayward 24" Sand filter, Built fall of 2013, Single Speed Jandy 1.5hp Pump, Southwest Part of MI

Not sure where you got your pricing for HTH, but we buy it at Wallmart for under 3$ a gallon :) Thanks

You should have a Menards somewhere nearby. They are selling 12.5% "liquid shock" (just sodium hypochlorite) for $1.98/gallon. Go load up your trunk, back seat and anything else you can carry it with!

(And, yes, I'm using about 3 ppm/day.)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please add your location (City, State or City, Country) to your profile and pool details to your signature and as described HERE as it will help us help you in the future.

You will have to get off Tapatalk to get this set.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.