School on on LED pool lights

Oct 5, 2012
Houston, TX
I need a new light fixture for my pool. Currently have a pentair 120v 500w incandescent with the thermal shut off stuck in the off position.

I have been looking at Pentair 601301 Intellibrite White Underwater LED Pool Light with 50-Feet Cord, 120-Volt. Its about $415 Shipped. BUT a replacement bulb is $623?

But i can buy a Pentair Amerlite's Pool Light with 120V, 500W, 50' Cord. for $191 and replace the bulb with an LED thats replaceable for $129 and watch as the LED prices come down in the next 50,000 hours of use?

i really wanna get a light in this pool, but buying a $400 light that doesnt have replaceable bulbs seems like shooting yourself in the foot?

I kind of agree with you. Many of the new LED lights are expensive and not repairable/replaceable. Personally I would likely go with the standard light fixture and then you can replace the bulb with either a white LED or even a color changing LED bulb. They may not be as bright, but that does not concern me.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure these all fit in your existing light niche?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.