Aquabot t4tc slow or no go - can it be tested out of water?

berk21

Jun 3, 2011
I have a 3+ year old Aquabot t4rc that's not cooperating. It worked ok at startup, but now it seems to be moving VERY slowly, or not at all.

I replaced the belts and tracks last season after one belt was damaged after a power cord snagging (first trouble I've had with the vacuum going over the cord).

Can I test this thing OUT of the water? Sure would be easier to put it on a work bench to diagnose. I won't want to damage the pump or burn up electronics by not having any water running through it.

Suggestions of what the problem might be would be appreciated.

Thanks

Before testing it out of water I would get into the pool with the bot, put on a mask, and visualize the drive gears while it is supposed to be moving. If the drive gears are moving then it is a drive belt issue. I'd probably just take off the drive belts (the 2 small amber colored belts) just to make sure it is assembled correctly. When a pool place diagnosed my old aquabot they ran it out of water for about 30 seconds and told me this short amount of time would not cause any overheating damage. Not saying you should do this, just reporting what they said. Did your robot come with a 4 year warranty? If so, it may be prorated, so check that out prior to bringing it in for warranty repair.

Tom

I had a similar issue and it was the brushes that were the issue. The belts and tracks were replaced, but the brush tips were wore down enough that they weren't providing traction.

+1 on not running it out of the water. It's time to swim with Aquabot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.