Pool light problem and thinking of going for LED (which one?)

amati5

Sep 13, 2011
So Cal
I changed the 500W halogen bulb on my pool light with a generic heavy duty bulb T3 from HD and since, every year, it kept going out. And it wasn't the bulb that went bad but the contact at the 2 ends that hold the bulb. I had to sand out the deposit and reinstalled the old bulb and it work for a about a year and repeat the process. I am not sure what caused the deposit but I think because I didn't let it completely dry out before putting the seal back and the moisture got on the metal parts where they hold the bulb. Or may be the lube material from the gasket is water base? What do you think?

Also, What is the common suggestions here for LED fixture. I am thinking Pentair white LED but I am not sue if there are better choices. The existing light we have now is a Star-Rite Sunbrite 05509-3015-3050, by the way. Pentair doesn't list the dimension on their light so I have to find the info somewhere else.

Thx

Thx for the Link. They must have added it some time between yesterday and today, LOL....I wrote them an email asking for the dimension (which I found later from a vendor's site) and now I see it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.