Newbie looking for BEST AG pool cleaner...Help!

ddpool

Jul 20, 2008
Minnesota
Wondering if everyone would give me there 2 cents about AG pool cleaners. Seems there are so many choices and I am new to this...so it makes for a tough decision. If you wouldn't mind...just let me know what works or doesn't work for you. Thanks.

I had the Dirt Devil Automatic Above Ground pool cleaner and hated it. I upgraded to a Pool Rover Jr (PRJ). and I love it. Now I just start it and let it do it's thing. With the Dirt Devil, I had to constantly observe it because it kept getting stuck. Keep in mind that the pump systems on above ground pools are not necessarily designed to run a pool cleaner. I had this exact problem as I could never maintain enough suction for my Dirt Devil. This is the reason I changed to the PRJ. I bought my PRJ for about $300 from Doheny's Water Warehouse online. When I bought it, they had a free 3 month payment plan.

I have the Lil Shark by Sta-rite & it works just fine, but then i have a large pump (1.75 hp) but it's turned down to probably like 1.25, it doesn't work well when the filter needs backwashing so you would need to make sure you have enough suction power, I can attach it by myself/hooks in to the skimmer, we have a 27 ft. AG, I think this only cost 126.00 last summer from 1 of the pool stores, I shopped around carefully. Good luck!

Just an update....received our Pool Rover Jr. today! Outstanding! This is definately the one to get. Not a speck of anything on our pool floor! Cleaned entire 24' round in about 1hr...although it runs for 2hrs automatically. So, very happy with the Pool Rover Jr. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.