Changing the bulb in an underwater light

gh0st

Jun 12, 2014
Danbury
So it looks like my pool light was left on all winter and the bulb is now burnt out. I've never changed the bulb before, so before I start unscrewing things I wanted to run a few things by you guys. This light is a circular light that's about 2 feet below the surface and is cut into the liner. There looks to be a wide trim ring around the outside with 6 or 8 screws and then there are two other screws, one on top and one on the bottom that have holes cut in the trim ring so you can access them, but they're underneath it...if that makes sense.

Which screws do I want to take out to just remove the bulb? Is there any possibility of me causing a massive leak here?

I'm not sure I could tell you which screws, but the general way lights are put in is that you unscrew them from their mounting niche and there will be enough wire to bring them up to the pool deck to work on them.

Mine have 2 screws holding them in place, unscrew that and you can pull them up to the surface.

I'd remove the two with access, the entire light should come out as a sealed unit. THen you can work on the builb replacement in the dry (turn off the breaker before touching anything).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.