SeanB's Pool Build

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
My wife thought I was crazy out there snapping pictures everyday but now I'm glad I did. Being able to see other people's constructions helped me uderstand the process better, so I'm happy to share mine now.

Here are the computer drawings from the pool builder.

2.jpg

3.jpg

and here is the yard, pre-pool:

4.jpg

Rain was expected to they were not going to be able to do the gunite. However, to prevent the dirt from caving in, they came and applied a flash coat of gunite to hold the dirt in place. It worked great:

13.jpg

Here they are a couple days later doing the gunite:
14.jpg

You can see where the nozzleman made a little mound for himself to stand on.

A little while later:
15.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
crazycanuck said:
Grat pool Sean, I have a question about your equipment placement. When we put ours in we were told that the heater had to be 4 feet off the property line. is there a stipulation what the setback is in your city?

Thanks.

The heater specifically, has to be at least (I think) 4 foot from any window or opening to the home. That is to prevent the exaust from the heater coming into the house. I don't know about anything having to do with the property line other than your normal easement rules which vary by community.

Cool, I think the rule here is 10ft from a window that can open. Our PB didnt know about the 4ft from the prop line for the heater until one of the pools he installed years ago suddenly came under fire from a complaining neighbor and when they looked into the bylaw, thats what it stated. The only other setback is that the pool has to be 3ft from the prop. line. It just may be an additional thing for people to check out before they plop something down that has to be moved at a substantial cost later on.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.