Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SeanB's Pool Build

1. Back To Top    #1

SeanB's Pool Build

My wife thought I was crazy out there snapping pictures everyday but now I'm glad I did. Being able to see other people's constructions helped me uderstand the process better, so I'm happy to share mine now.

Here are the computer drawings from the pool builder.

and here is the yard, pre-pool:

TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2
    First scoop:

Is it too late to change my mind?

TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Later that day...

I was amazed at how skilled that bobcat driver was. I guess practice makes perfect.

This will be the shallow end:

and the spa:

TFP Founder

4. Back To Top    #4
    Here is the equipment:

another view from across the yard:

I would have preferred to put the equipment beside the house but our lot is narrow for our size home and there is very little space between the house and the fence.
    TFP Founder

5. Back To Top    #5
    Rain was expected to they were not going to be able to do the gunite. However, to prevent the dirt from caving in, they came and applied a flash coat of gunite to hold the dirt in place. It worked great:

Here they are a couple days later doing the gunite:

You can see where the nozzleman made a little mound for himself to stand on.

A little while later:
    TFP Founder

6. Back To Top    #6
    Coming along nicely. You can see they have begun to shape the gunite.

I had to go to work that afternoon, so I didn't get to watch them finish the rest, but here it is the next day:

a closer look:
    TFP Founder

7. Back To Top    #7
    We chose flagstone for the coping with a smooth edge:

Here is the waterline and spa tile:

and the toe line to make sure we can see where the steps are:

TFP Founder

8. Back To Top    #8
    Here they have put up the form boards for the deck:

filled in with sand and leveled:

and the rebar:
    TFP Founder

9. Back To Top    #9
    Here comes the concrete - they brought it one wheel barrow at at time from the truck out front:

smoothing it out as they go:
    TFP Founder

10. Back To Top    #10
    Concrete complete:

Laying the stacked stone for the spa:

A view from the back:

one more:
    TFP Founder

11. Back To Top    #11
    Here comes the coating for the deck:

Now the texture:

A close-up of the Sundek:
    TFP Founder

12. Back To Top    #12
    Here is the completed plaster. Unfortunately I was at work when this was done so I only have the completed shot:

What a great feeling this was to finally be filling the pool!

It's full!!!
    TFP Founder

13. Back To Top    #13
    The pump is running:

Some lanscaping goes in:

More landscaping:
    TFP Founder

14. Back To Top    #14
    Waterfall:

Backview of the house:

The Polaris was working overtime those first few days getting all the leaves out.

TFP Founder

15. Back To Top    #15
    Last but not least...time to swim:

I plan on putting up at least one more picture taken when it's not so cloudy outside.
    TFP Founder

16. Back To Top    #16

Grat pool Sean, I have a question about your equipment placement. When we put ours in we were told that the heater had to be 4 feet off the property line. is there a stipulation what the setback is in your city?

17. Back To Top    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck
    Grat pool Sean, I have a question about your equipment placement. When we put ours in we were told that the heater had to be 4 feet off the property line. is there a stipulation what the setback is in your city?
    Thanks.

The heater specifically, has to be at least (I think) 4 foot from any window or opening to the home. That is to prevent the exaust from the heater coming into the house. I don't know about anything having to do with the property line other than your normal easement rules which vary by community.
    TFP Founder

18. Back To Top    #18

Cool, I think the rule here is 10ft from a window that can open. Our PB didnt know about the 4ft from the prop line for the heater until one of the pools he installed years ago suddenly came under fire from a complaining neighbor and when they looked into the bylaw, thats what it stated. The only other setback is that the pool has to be 3ft from the prop. line. It just may be an additional thing for people to check out before they plop something down that has to be moved at a substantial cost later on.

19. Back To Top    #19
    Great story there

I was able to capture my build as well. An yes, my wife thought I was crazy too.
    26,000 Gallons in ground with spa
    SWG
    Jandy equipment

20. Back To Top    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by cabber
    Great story there

I was able to capture my build as well. An yes, my wife thought I was crazy too.
    Hello...pictures? You're pool is great. I'd love to see the process. Please start a thread!
    TFP Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast