Always have CC

98xc600

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2007
Southern MN
For the last month and a half I've had a CC of .5. Earlier this summer CC was at 0 and all of last summer it was at 0.
When this started happening I had something consuming my chlorine. I brought the pool up to shock level until it held over night and I left it their for 2 more days to make sure it was gone. That's when the cc showed up and have never left? I know some people say that .5 is no big deal but we are getting irritated eyes from this now. at least I think that's what is causing it?
The water has always been crystal clear!
FC 6.5
CC .5
PH 7.4
TA 110
CH 170
CYA 45
Temp 88

Is your pool shaded? Cc's can be hard to eradicate w/o direct sunlight on the pool.

With an indoor pool, I have nearly-constant low-level cc. When it rises, I use sodium percarbonate or hydrogen peroxide to shock. Problem with those is that they knock out the fc's along with the cc's!

Hydroxen peroxide shock is sold as Baquacil Shock & Oxidizer. It doesn't contain any biguanide, so you CAN use it in a chlorine pool w/o making a huge mess. Just be aware that it will take out the good chlorine as well as the bad! I use about 1-2 cups in my approx. 7000 gallon pool.

Sodium percarbonate is less dangerous to store, and it decomposes in water to hydrogen peroxide and sodium carbonate. Again, this compound will neutralize the good chlorine along with the bad. I use about 3-4 ounces.

I don't know if this will fix your problem, but I'll be happy to share more details of my experience if you'd like to give one of these compounds a try.

The only thing added was the bleach. I used 1-1/2 gallons of muriatic acid over the same time frame to bring down my T/A and that was it.

The pool is in full sun from 8:00am till 8:00pm so that should be more than enough sun light.

JasonLion said:
I would try a night at shock level and see what happens.
Well it looks like I have a problem. Last night I added 3 gallons of bleach to bring my FC to 17.5 and called it a night.First thing this morning I test and my FC is at 15.5 and CC of 1. So I must have something in there I'm killing???? This is how it started last time. Water is crystal clear with no sign of algae.
It looks like it time to buy more reagent from you ***** make that Duraleigh. I thought I would be set for the summer.

I am honored beyond all my hopes that you may have mistaken Jason and me.

Jason is the smart one....I have to rely on an adequate supply of refills for the TF-100 and my astonishing good looks to get me thru the day........Jason can do it on brains alone :shock: :shock: :shock:

Jason, if you have indeed started selling refills, I fear there are dark days ahead for me.....would you consider purchasing some inventory? :cry: :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.