What CH level will cause cloudiness?

gtnos

Jun 9, 2013
Newcastle, Oklahoma
water not as clear as it normally is.

FC 4 this morning. added 60 oz to bring to 6 which is target.
CC 0
TA 70
pH 7.4

just to make sure, even though my FC has never dropped below 3 ppm and my pool consumes 2-3 ppm per day depending on bather load, im going to do the OCLT tonight and make sure its not an organic issue. i doubt it though.

I havent done a CH test in awhile, but it was 150ppm last time. im going to do it in the morning. CH is the one test I only run once a month since i have a vinyl pool and the level is always relatively low.

at what level does calcium cloudiness occur?

i may just be nit-picking my pool too....:D

okay. well, i SERIOUSLY doubt that my CH is that high. my pool is not that clear. it is in some areas, but not others like the deep middle. dang, I may have dropped the ball somewhere. I have been distracted here lately doing the concrete decking and all, trying to get this pool done. Ill know tomorrow morning when I complete OCLT. if it is over 1 ppm Ill SLAM the ever loving heck out of it.

i have had to vac it alot lately due to dirt getting in pool. (construction) wonder if its stirred up dirt causing cloudiness. it should settle though.... unless barracuda vac is stirring it up instead of suctioning it out...

It's the combination of pH, TA and CH that over-saturate the water with calcium carbonate and can cause cloudiness though usually scale or cloudiness aren't seen until the CSI is +0.7 or more, but under some conditions (mostly in hot tubs) one might see issues at +0.3. This isn't your situation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.