scaling and stains

ronipooh

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 6, 2013
Kissimmee, Florida
I am so grateful for everything I've learned from you fabulous folks here at TFP. My next project after regrouting and sealing my cracks between the pool wall and coping is to try to get these black stains out.
My hope is to have my pool looking good (even though it needs a resurface) by my Birthday in August. Next year for my Birthday present my husband is supposed to get it resurfaced for me.
There are pics of these stains in one of my posts in just getting started and another member shared pictures of a pool in the process of resurfacing that looked like my problem.
So, how do I fix this?

Background refreaher.....This house was a foreclosure several times and the pool is 22 years old. I think its been resurfaced once. I think originally it was a tan diamondbrite type finish and then redone with a light blue plain plaster.
The reason I say that is because the steps are the tan color the rest is a light blue but where there is "staining" hand and rough patches the tan surface shows through.

Your pool finish looks like color quartz, and seems worn and many years old.
While the quartz plaster coat looks structurally sound, I doubt anything can be done about the contrasting (mottling) color variation, except perhaps many hours of power sanding.

I would try to accept that until the pool is re-plastered next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.