6psi is this too low and help on swampy pool

Jun 29, 2014
texas
Hello I am new to the pool world and I just starting up my pool for the year. It is going to be a long process since it has not been used for over 1 year I was told from the previous owners:(... Pool is all swept out no more big debris on the bottom. pool is a very cloudy blue. I turned on the pump and filter for the first time this morning. System is running on a starktools 2hp pump and a Hayward pro series S220T sand filter with a vari-flow XL top mount valve. I rinsed the backwashed before I set it on filter for the first time. It is now on normal filtering and is setting at 6psi. I was just curious if this is too low or a good pressure to have? Also any pointers on how to begin clearing this mess up would be helpful. All I have far as a testing kit is the HTH 6-way strips and the HTH 6-way kit with the drops. I know they are not the best but that's all I have to work with. the strips do test for FC where the drops only test for TC. I also have a 100lb bucket of cali-hyro 68%.. HELP

Welcome to the forum. :wave: You will need to get a good test kit and then post reliable numbers we can use (the strips won't cut it) and we can help you get that cloudiness out of your pool.

It all starts with reliable test results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.