Thread tree

Water_man

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 7, 2008
Brookline, MA
I understand that the forum had a recent major upgrade, but IMHO a major feature has been ignored. If posters don't quote the post to which they respond, there's no way telling who is responding to whom. The classic "thread tree" view is missing. It's hard to follow a multi-page thread this way.
I wonder if anything can be done about it.
Thank you for all the hard work, and the patience to deal with all the issues.
Mike

Are you talking about the way it's done on sites like gardenweb? That's a pretty outdated type of forum - a lot more difficult to follow to me and a lot less user friendly. It seems pretty logical to quote the person you are replying to or reference their post in some way.

This is really the first complaint of this type I've seen and unfortunately, there's really nothing to be done.

SeanB said:
Are you talking about the way it's done on sites like gardenweb? That's a pretty outdated type of forum.

No. You gave an example of the oldest form of forums on the Net, which had very few user and admin features.
Other modern forum SW, such as vBulletin (The Pool Forum) and others, have thread tree features, as well as many others.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.