Debris floating on pool surface

BillB

Aug 25, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I know my question does not fit under pool chemistry, but I couldn't find a category for it.

I have debris floating on the pool surface. It won't work it's way down to the skimmer.
The skimmer is working fine and has plenty of suction. Weir door is working properly.
I suspect I need to adjust the return jets. I know how to adjust the eyeballs, but I don't know what attitude to adjust them to.

My pool is rectangular. The skimmer is at one end of the pool. I have two jets at each end of one of the long sides (within about 5' of the ends).
I have a third jet on the other long side, close to the center.

Should I direct them all to the skimmer? That's what I have done and it doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Trial and error and pointing them in the same direction with maybe angling them up a little closer to the surface of the water is about all you can do. Filter pressure good? If so, you can always try putting in a smaller diameter eyeball to increase the power of the flow coming out of the returns. It is also most helpful if your skimmer is located on the down wind side of the pool.

My skimmers aren't great at that, either. It's one of those things I can't completely resolve.

You will get better with trial and error but, meanwhile, it is MORE important that you scoop the debris out of your pool manually to keep it as clean as possible.

My skimmers aren't great at that, either. It's one of those things I can't completely resolve.

You will get better with trial and error but, meanwhile, it is MORE important that you scoop the debris out of your pool manually to keep it as clean as possible.

I've been keeping it cleaned out with a net.
The hotter it gets the more I want that skimmer to do it's job. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.