Bubbles from the return jet??

Jun 12, 2014
Shepherdsville Ky
I finally got my pool installed Friday. Filled Friday into Saturday. Turned on the filter and I am getting a ton of little bubbles out of the return jet. Is this common? It seems like it will eventually cause my ph to skyrocket. My swg uses a saddle style clamp and I am noticing a lot of bubbles inside of it also.

It is completely normal for the SWG to produce bubbles when it is active. SWGs produce both chlorine gas and hydrogen gas. The chlorine combines with the water, but most of the hydrogen comes out as small bubbles. The visibility of the bubbles vary, sometimes they are very difficult to see, other times very obvious.

Your PH will be alright as long as your TA is appropriate. Bubbles plus high TA will indeed drive up the PH.

Well I have bubbles even when the cell isn't producing anything the controller can be off and I still have a ton of bubbles. I just went out and checked and the saddle clamp is tight. I am getting a pretty considerable amount of bubbles in the pump also. They installed this valve inline just before the pump and I notice when the pump is off it drips could be in such a vacuum that is sucking air ?

Then there is an air leak on the suction side of the plumbing. Investigating the drip is a very good place to start. A very small water leak will cause a much larger air leak. There is an article in Pool School on locating suction side air leaks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.