Intellichlor help!

whoozer

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2008
Acton Maine
Ok so I have gotten back from vacation and am trying to get this salt system working right. The intellichlor is reading low but my aquacheck test strips say 3800ppm. I have reset the circuit for the intellichlor but nothing has happened. I also noticed that the light for the staus of the cell is not on but the green light for the life of the cell is on. What am I missing here? The intellichlor seems to be working I think???? My Ph is a tad on the high side(7.7ish) and I'm going to get MA to bring it down some. If some of my other chems are only off a little will it affect the intellichlor? I'm going to run a full set of numbers after I get my PH down my TA is off a little also and I have low CH so I'm bringing that up. My CYA needs to be rechecked so.... just wondering if it a mechanic issue or maybe mt chems need to be spot on to have the intellichlor to work right. Any suggestions other then a full set of numbers?

How long has it been installed and how long ago did you add salt? I know when mine was installed, it read low salt for a couple of days before it started working normally... I don't know if the salt wasn't evenly dissolved and distributed yet or what, but maybe it'll start working after a few days. Also, don't take the aquacheck strips as gospel... I got my strips with my TF-100 kit and used them for almost a year and they ALWAYS read 3800ppm... even after a year when CYA and CH had dropped due to splashout and pumpout... I got some new strips and sure enough, the new ones are showing ~3000ppm... FYI.

It has been a few weeks since we've added the salt....so I don't think that's the problem. Anyone else think I should get new strips even though these are new? My other worry is that the pool does taste like salt some...Is that normal? My SWG is set at 20%. I went to the pool store for the MA and they said they don't sell it only something like sodium bisulfate in a biogard lo n' slo. I didn't get it cuz I had no idea what it was. She looked at me like I had three heads when I asked for MA...what's up with that?

the only thing that needs to be right for SWG to work is salt
just take a sample of water into couple of shops and ask them to double check.

Another thing to do - clean the cel.

If your salt is ok and cell is clean - your unit is faulty. Intellichlors are notorious for failing salt sensors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.