Summer escapes 16x48 out of level

Hey everyone. Been browsing the forums and reading a lot of helpful info as a first time pool owner.

I just purchased and set up a Summer Escapes brand 16"x48" metal frame pool. We measured the ground prior to setup and knew that it was slightly off level, but thought we would be fine. After filling the pool to its minimum water level, we realized it was about 2.5" off from lowest to highest water level. I've browsed the forums and I understand that this is too much, but I'd like to hear some input from people who have actually left a pool out of level. By looking at the pool, it appears fine, other that the obvious water line being slanted...it doesn't appear to be leaning at all.

What are the chances of this thing collapsing? I'm not concerned about anyone being hurt (just my wife and I use it), I would just rather not have 5k gallons of water in my small yard. I keep reading that I should drain it, but I don't see any horror stories out there...just cautious people. If I need to drain it, I will, but I would prefer not to if it will get me by for 3 months until in a level the ground for next season.

Anyone out there who's used these pools 2-3" off level without problems?

You will not here from us, Oh... it's okay... go on and play in your brand new pool, all the while we know you are 1.5" past industry standards.

Sorry but that's not going to happen. You need to drain the pool, level the ground and fix it. It must have been worrisome enough that it brought you here for answers. The safety of the persons using this water is of utmost concern. You have 40,000 lbs of water in that pool just waiting for a side to split and take you and your wife for a ride, where it's through a fence, into the side of the house or under a neighbor's vehicle. You need to respect the force of the water you have contained in that non level pool.

Welcome to TFP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.